Our Confirmation program is for young people in grades 9 and 10. The goals for our program are to have the candidates:
- Deepen their relationship with God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit
- Grow in knowledge of the Catholic faith, including learning about who God is, the sacraments, what it means to be confirmed, and moral decision making.
- Understand the call to serve others and grow in their commitment as Christians to service.
- Understand the importance of the Catholic Church in their lives.
How do we do that?
- Sessions once or twice a month with small group leaders
- Large group sessions with parents and/or sponsors
- Time for Reconciliation, the Rosary, and Devotions
- Service projects
- And of course, worshipping God on Sunday!
Growth is vital to life. Just as the human body grows through childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, the soul also grows to maturity in the supernatural life of grace through the sacrament of Confirmation! At St. Raymond’s, we follow a 2-year preparation process that typically occurs in 9th and 10th grade, ending with Confirmation at the end of sophomore year. However, any student 9th grade or above may enroll.
Tuition for each student in their 1st or 2nd year of Confirmation preparation is $50 simply to cover the cost of materials, curriculum and retreats.
Contact Marianne Callaghan for more information at 715-877-3400 x 122 or MCallaghan@SMSRCatholic.com