The Second Vatican Council declared the family as “the domestic church”. This means that it is at home with our families that we first learn who God is and how to prayerfully seek His will for us. We want to help you do that the best you can! We lovingly encourage and guide our families how to:
- Pray as a family, using Scripture, conversation, and the beautiful prayers that are part of our Catholic faith, including the Rosary.
- Make the Sacraments a regular celebration
- Begin family traditions based on the seasons celebrated in the liturgical calendar
- Demonstrate love for our families and each other by reminding them of God’s infinite love for each and every one of us.
- Make worshiping God a priority!
How do we do this?
Our Religious Education program involves formation of the entire family. In our Family Formation program, families meet once a month at church. Parents attend a presentation, while the children attend class with their own grade level. Each month there is a new topic for the parents and the children. The parents spend their time listening to the presentation, in large group discussion, small group discussion, and prayer. The children learn the topic for the month with stories, activities, and discussion. The families then go home with home lessons that elaborate on the topic that was learned for the month.